Our Digital Collections team is available to:
- help author deposit their papers on SRI
- manage copyright queries and negotiate publishers’ terms on authors’ behalf
- demonstrate the benefits of open access by providing usage statistics and other information
More particularly, our work focuses on:
- We prepare and circulate promotional materials to support open access in our University. We also give a number of presentations to Faculties to encourage authors to deposit papers and report on usage. We are always happy to share some of these materials with colleagues; please contact us for more information.
- In 2005 the University Research and Enterprise Committee approved a mandate requiring Surrey authors to submit their peer-reviewed papers to SRI. This policy was recently reviewed to allow for changes within our organisation. We continue working with Faculties to implement and tailor the policy to the various research cultures around the University. More information can be found under Policies. Our aim is to implement our policies in a such a way that we support funders’ open access mandates and help authors comply with their funders’ requirements.
- Our service mostly deposits papers on behalf of individual authors or whole research/academic units. However, we also support authors wishing to submit directly. We can also train academics or administrators whose job is to deposit on behalf of a whole group. Contact us for more information.
- We interpret publishers’ copyright policies for authors, ensure submission of acceptable versions and, if necessary, contact publishers on authors’ behalf. Contact us if you need advice on your publisher’s policy or copyright agreement, if unsure which version to submit or if you would like us to contact a publisher for you. See also Copyright.
- Our open access workshop aims to help researchers contemplate issues related to open access, author rights and research impact. The workshop is interactive and focuses on: awareness and debate of open access options, interpreting and negotiating publishers’ agreements, managing versions and integrating open access in existing publication practices. Contact us to find out more.
You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Or, if you prefer, you can contact individual members of our team:
SRI is managed by
and supported by