Surrey Research Insight is the new name for Surrey Scholarship Online Surrey contributors now login via Symplectic and the service is supported by EPrints, the most widely used software supporting open access in the UK. This means:
- A one-step login process: you can now login with your University account – no need to remember additional passwords.
- A simple, user-friendly deposit form. If you wish to submit articles directly you can do so easily, without having to fill in too much information. See Deposit Guide on the left for details.
- A simple user interface that will link to other resources (i.e. publications database).
- New supporting pages, including copyright information and links to open access resources. Click on the links on the left to see more.
- Promptly available usage statistics. You can now view on the screen how frequently your papers are being downloaded.
Please note that URLs of papers already posted on SSOL are automatically redirected to the new SRI site.
Many thanks to all our authors for being patient during the site migration.
New member in our team. We are happy to welcome Montserrat Rodriguez-Marquez, who joined our team in June 2010 as a digital collections officer. Montserrat has a background in Linguistics and Translation and experience in academic publishing. She has already started to talk to authors, so you may hear from her soon.
The other members of our team are Christine Daoutis and Melanie Hughes. You can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Open access workshop for new researchers. We have developed a new workshop aimed at research students and post-doctoral researchers who wish to learn more about open access. We discuss options available to authors (negotiating and retaining copyright, posting their papers in open access websites, considering open access publishing) and demonstrate the new SRI website.
The workshop will be running from October 2010. Visit PGSDP to book a place.